Wednesday 4 May 2016

The Adventure Begins!

Hello lovely people :) 
So remember how I had that audition and qualified to attend a modeling and talent convention? Well the time has arrived! I arrived at my hotel and registered earlier today. Yippee!! 
I felt a little bit out of my element when I first arrived. Everyone was walking around in heels, dressed-to-the-nines, with long beautiful blond hair, and here I am in my joggers, with blue messy hair. I quickly got over that fact though because I realized that it really doesn't matter. Sure, they may be prettier, taller, and skinnier, but hey I like me and who I am so really, what does it matter? Self-confidence and encouragement is definitely the best way to relieve pressure and feelings of misplacement. 

When I was in the middle of registering I saw this sign for people who had signed up for photography or commercial print, and it said that they had to hand in printed photos of themselves. I was a little shocked since I hadn't had any warning of this,I spent the next hour and a half frantically trying to get some printed!And this is when I took my very first taxi ride. It was just as exciting as I had anticipated haha (except you still gotta give them money) and with the cabi's help I was able to submit them in time. 

Although the competitions,seminars and workshops don't commence until tomorrow, I am so excited and so nervous for them all. There are very many people here for this convention, which is slightly discouraging but also very encouraging because it makes the drive to learn and excel that much stronger. I am so excited to learn and compete and grow my understanding of the musical/modeling industry. 
My hotel room is beautiful! And my cat Beaner seems to think so too. 
Well I have to go, but I will be updating you all through this, so stay tuned :)
Love y'all 
-Adelaide 

1 comment:

Leave some thoughts below! :)